Is there an IP address looks like 10.0.0.0.1? If I had to ask many about it, they would say that it is incorrect because it actually has to be 10.0.0.1 IP address. People get the 10.0.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.1 IP address mixed up because they look similar to each other. In addition to that, they don’t even know that the IP address consists of four eight-bit numbers.
Considered that 10.0.0.0.1 is wrong, so what about 10.0.0.1 IP address?
10.0.0.1 IP address belongs to the private class of the IP addresses. You can use this IP address to access the Admin Panel. Router manufacturers set automatically by. You also need to login to this Panel to change the settings of the router such as the SSID, which is the name of your network, WiFi password, and more.
The special 10.0.0.1 IP address
10.0.0.1 IP address is a special class of IP addresses. It is used for logging in as well as getting connected to a particular server. It is a private IP address assigned to a user device or a network based hardware that serves for its default address. Large business computer based network systems use 10.0.0.1 IP address as an IPV4 address.
Worth to say again that the 10.0.0.1 IP address is special because it can be used more than once. It belongs to the 24-bit block of private IP address, which is widely used in LAN networks. Unlike the public IP addresses, there’s no way to rote a private IP address such as 10.0.0.1 through the internet, but that doesn’t make it useless.
10.0.0.1 is a reserved IP address for networks of class A. Router manufacturers use this IPv4 IP address as the default gateway address for routers. The remaining IP addresses are 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1. Compared to public IP addresses, which you can check it using a lot of websites if you are using a dial-up network, they must be unique on the Internet. The 10.0.0.1 IP address should also be unique on a local network (LAN). For this matter, it is really useful with this IP address to set up your network such as your home network, school network or company’s local network.
Xfinity and Comcast Routers usually use this 10.0.0.1 IP address.
Logging in to 10.0.0.1 IP address
A user can use the default username and password to log in to 10.0.0.1 IP address to access to the settings on the router. This is not a complex process; you just need to connect to the router in order to access the settings. Follow these steps below to login to 10.0.0.1
- Open your web browser (e.g. Google Chrome).
- Type the 10.0.0.1 IP address in the address bar. Note that typing 10.0.0.0.1 is wrong as it doesn’t exist in the world of IP addresses.
- A login page will appear to you. Its interface depends on the router’s manufacture. Type the default username and password. Usually, they’re the same word, which is ‘Admin’ or ‘admin’ in most routers.
- Afterwards, a login screen will lead you to the Admin Panel as well as the settings of your router.
For security purposes, leaving your wireless network without protection can let other people access your internal network and use your sensitive data such as your passwords or other personal information. Some network administrators suggest to hide your network and change your password to a strong one with special characters with a mixed uppercase and lowercase letters.
The site 10.0.0.1 can’t be reached?
There are three main reasons why people have troubles connecting to 10.0.0.1 IP address:
- Incorrect typing IP address: Even experienced network engineers sometimes type 10.0.0.0.1 IP address instead of 10.0.0.1. Always remember that all IPv4 IP addresses contain only four numbers and not more. Sometimes network users change the IP address from 10.0.0.1 to something else such as 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1, but you don’t remember it. What should be done here is to restore the router to its factory settings. There should be a restore button somewhere on the back of the router as shown in the following image.
- Indirect connection: Most manufactures allow access to the 10.0.0.1 IP address only from a PC via connection to a router with a patch cable. Some routers are flexible with that. They can let you change this structure to access it as a wireless connection. Purchase an Ethernet cable and connect your desktop computer or laptop equipping with an internal Ethernet port and connect it to your router.
- Wrong Login information: A password can protect your router to prevent other people from accessing your network and changing your settings to compromising or your security and hacking your system. You can find the default username and password written on a label located on the back on your router or below it.