Setting up a D-Link Router is pretty easy. Once you’ve got the modem and you’re connected to it, configuring the D-Link Router is just a few minutes away. You can follow this guide below to set up your D-Link Router.
How to Setup D-Link Router?
- Connect your modem to the yellow port on the back of your router using an Ethernet/patch cable or WiFi connection.
- Connect your PC to one of the other ports on your router.
- Open a web browser and type your IP address. It may be 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.138; you can search for it if you don’t know it.
- Log in to the router using the default login credentials.
- The default username is Admin and the password field is to be left blank as in the image above.
- Once logged in, use the Internet Connection Setup Wizard in order to configure your modem.
- Under Wireless Setup section, enter the WiFi name in the SSID field, and your password in the Key field.
- When confıgurıng your Internet connection, select your connection type as PPPoE, Static or DHCP. That depends on the internet connection that is assigned to you from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Normally it is PPPoE for DSL modems with Ethernet cable connection.
- Click on Save and Connect right after configuring your internet connection, and the router will connect to the Internet.
- To configure your Wi-Fi, go to Wireless Settings.
- Select a name for your network (SSID) and a complex password with a recommended Security Option WPA–PSK/WPA2–PSK AES.
- Click Apply to save all changes.
Now your D-Link Router is all set.