Finding Router IP address is important to each user. If you need to access your router’s login page to make some changes or change the settings, you will need your router’s IP address to access. If you forgot the IP address, here’s how to find it.
First, you should familiarize yourself with the following two terms – router IP and default gateway IP. Your router’s IP works like a gateway between all your devices and the wider internet. That is the reason why it can be called a “default gateway IP”. All devices that are connected on the same network send their requests to the router by default.
Once you find the IP for your modem, you can enter it into the address bar on your web browser to access the web configuration page. Here’s how to find the IP address from different operating systems.
Router IP Address on Windows:
There is a couple of methods on Windows to get your Router IP Address.
1. Go to Control Panel. You can easily search for it.
2. Click on Network and Internet option.
3. Go to Network and Sharing Center.
4. Click on Connections, which displays your Wi-Fi name.
5. A new window will pop up. Click on Details.
6. The Network Connection Details will be displayed. You IPv4 Default Gateway is your Router IP address.
You can also use the command prompt.
1. Press (Windows + R) and type cmd. Or, alternatively, you can type CMD in your search bar and select Command Prompt.
2. Type ipconfig or ipconfig/all.
3. You should see your router IP address under the Default Gateway.
- Click on the network icon in the notification area.
- Select Connection Information or Network Settings.
- You should find your IP address next to Default Router/Gateway.
- Click the Apple menu (top of the screen).
- Choose ‘System Preferences’.
- Click the ‘Network’ icon.
- Choose the network connection.
- Press ‘Advanced’.
- Click the ‘TCP/IP’ tab to see the IP address on the right of the router.
- Go to Settings and select Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi that you are connected to.
- Your public IP address is displayed under Router.
- Go to Settings, then Wireless & Networks and choose Wi-Fi.
- Press ‘Configure’.
- Your Router IP Address will be displayed next to the IP address.
Now you should be able to find your router’s IP address without much trouble on any devices, even the ones that we haven’t covered.