NETGEAR Router is easy to set it up. Once you’ve got the modem and after you connect to it, configuring this NETGEAR Router won’t take more than few minutes from you. You can follow this guide below to set it up.
How to Setup NETGEAR Router?
- Connect your modem to the yellow port on the back of your router using an Ethernet/patch cable.
- Connect your PC to one of the other ports on your router.
- Open a browser and type routerlogin.net or your IP address.
- Log in to the router using the default login credentials. Usually it is ‘Admin’ for username, and also ‘Admin’ for password.
- Once logged in, go to Internet from menu, and then Setup Wizard, and select New Connection. Follow the NETGEAR Genie in order to configure the modem.
- If “PPPoE” ADSL Internet connection detected, enter the username and password that are assigned to you from your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Once your router is set up, you’ll notice a good internet connection status.
- To configure your Wi-Fi, go to Wireless.
- Select a name for your network, which is the SSID, and a complex password with a recommended security mode WPA2–PSK [AES].
- Save changes.
Your NETGEAR Router is all set.