Configuring and setting up a TP-Link Router is easy if you have bought a new one. You can also set up an old TP-Link Router the same way and you will be able to use it.
How to Setup TP-Link Router?
- Connect your computer to the TP-Link Router or modem using an Ethernet or patch cable.
- Open a web browser and type your IP address. It may be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 IP address. You can also type this link www.tplinkwifi.net to go to the login page.
- Log in to the router using the default login credentials. ‘Admin’ is the default username and the default password is also ‘Admin’. Note that the username and the password are case-sensitive.
- When confıgurıng WAN connection, select your connection type either as PPPoE, Static or DHCP. That depends on the internet connection that is assigned to you from your ISP. Normally it is PPPoE for DSL modems with Ethernet cable connection, but it requires a username and a password. So make sure you contact your ISP to get them.
- Use the Quick Setup option to configure your Internet and WiFi network.
- Enter a name for your network and use a password to secure your Wireless connection.
- If you want to configure your Wi-Fi to level up the security mode, you can use the Wireless Security option.
- Try to use a complex wireless password with a recommended Security Option WPA–PSK/WPA2–PSK.
- Select Next to save changes.
Now your TP-Link Router is all set.